Pages

Sunday 14 October 2007

Gratitude

A year ago I was consumed by humidity, languishing in artistic torpitude as sluggish as any mid-summer Atlanta afternoon. It was a combination of a procession of dreams deferred and, to butcher Hannah Arendt's phrase, the evil of banality. A year later I am reveling in inspiration, an inspiration that comes at the dawn of autumn where I can see every word spoken in the cold induced outline of my warm breath. I have never so desired to devour life and I want to thank those who have abetted my hunger.

Shanna Sang (I could never express in words my debt to you)
John Gullick (A lovely man full of grace and humility)
Frankie Fisher (Although you attempt a cynical character your love of life is infectious)
Lee Tesche (My musical partner and the most interesting, inspired person I know)
Mom (Anything I might say would be trite in comparison to your love)

No comments: