Pages

Sunday 13 July 2008

There's Good, there's Bad, and then there's Phil Collins



Good?

I just cannot figure where on this diverse spectrum of objective quality Wolf Parade's At Mount Zoomer rests. I mean I can't figure out if the record is really good or if it's Rick Springfield's lost prog-pop masterpiece. The vocals hold little promise of daring or danger, unless an adult alternative Isaac Brock is your idea of this era's GG Allin. And the keyboardist filling every inch of space with his zany sounds of the universe plug-ins, might as well be the drummer in your adolescent Venom cover band. Yet despite all this and the threads of Phil Collins this record wraps around my neck, I think I'll risk choking and give it a Good.

Bad?



Flying Lotus Los Angeles

Another one of those is this bad or is this bad-ass? I'll label it smooth electronica and give it a Bad.

Phil Collins



Nas Untitled

Nas should be thinking immolation rather than apotheosis.

No comments: